- Digital Scrapbook Page
- Cthere Event Page
- Group Page
Digital Scrapbook Page
Your scrapbook holds and organizes your important life events as you convert them to digital keepsakes called Cthere Events. Your scrapbook also holds links to other people’s Cthere Events that you choose to interact with by “connecting” or “submitting media”.
By default, all of the Cthere Events you create are added to your main group “My Cthere Cites”. Your “My Connections” group contains links to other people’s Cthere Events that you have attended or interacted with. You can also create custom groups to organize your life events by category (i.e. vactations, milestones, sporting events, etc).
You can choose to make your scrapbook public and share your life events with others, keep it private as a personal life journal, or choose to share only some of your scrapbook groups with others.
Finding a specific Cthere Event within your Scrapbook:
- Locate the textbox just below your Cplanet User information on the left cover of your Scrapbook.
- Type the name or part of the name of the Cthere Event you are searching for.
- Click the “Search” button.
- The results appear on the left Scrapbook page.
Creating a Scrapbook Group:
- Log in to your Cplanet Account
- If you are not already on your Scrapbook page, click the “My Scrapbook” link in the upper right area of the header
- From the Scrapbook Page, click the “Create Group” link to open the Group Editor
- Enter a Group Title
- Choose if you would like the new group to be public or private
- Enter a group description (optional)
- Click “Create” when done.
Adding Cthere Events to a new group:
- Click on the group the already contains the Cthere Event you want to add to another group
- NOTE: Remember that all of the Cthere Event you have created are inside your “My Cthere Cites” group
- If you haven’t created the Cthere Event yet, select the new group and click the “Create Event” link
- Locate the Cthere Event listing in the grid on the right page of your Scrapbook.
- Highlight the Cthere Event you want to move into another group by left clicking on its row number
- With the Event listing highlighted, left click the row number again & drag (at the same time) to the left, until your cursor is over the desired group.
- Release your left mouse button, and a copy of the Event should now be inside your new group.
- NOTE: You can drag multiple events at the same time by holding down the “ctrl” key as you are highlighting the event listings. Once you have highlighted all the event you want to move to the group, left click and drag the row number of “one” of the highlighted listings and they will all follow.
The Cthere Event stores and organizes media based on where and when it was gathered. Creating an Event Page requires three pieces of information: a title, a location, and a date/time. There are additional fields that can be used to add more information to your event and various feature settings, but once the required fields have been enter you are ready to start adding media to your Event Page. You can easily share your Event Page with other others, inviting them to contribute any pictures, video and commentary they may have of the event consolidating all of the media into one place so it can be recalled at any point in the future with little effort.
Anatomy of a Cthere Event: (add screen cap)
- Header – display the event title and date.
- Feature Links – Depending on the features enabled for each event
- Facebook Sharing
- Submitting Media
- Connecting in order to view the event is security is enabled or be added to a list of users to be notified of event updates and broadcasts.
- Navigation Bar
- Home Page – displays the default Greeting Image, the event description and the default photo gallery.
- Map – opens a map page displaying the event location and offers directions and Streetview if available.
- Comments – allows visitors to leave commentary about the event and event media.
- *Edit Settings – link to the Event Settings Page when an administrator is logged on.
- Media List – holds the links to the media items that have been submitted to the event.
- Media Display – the area the content is displayed in as visitors click on the navigation bar and media links.
Creating a Cthere Event:
- Log in with your Cplanet ID and click the “Scrapbook” link in the upper right corner of the page.
- From the Scrapbook Page, click the “Add” button to launch the Create Wizard.
- All Cplanet Items are added to your default “Cthere Cites” group. If you would like to also add a Cthere Event to a specific group, select that group before clicking the “Add” button.
- The Creation Wizard will create your Cthere Event in 4 Steps:
- Step 1, is locating where the event took (or will be taking) place.
- You can be as exact as you choose to be by marking an exact address or more general by simply adding a city or state.
- You can set the way you would like the map to be displayed on your event by setting the zoom level, map type (map, satellite, hybrid) and map marker.
- Step 2, is to give your Event a title (i.e. Our Honeymoon), and a date/time.
- You can also add any additional information into the fields provided.
- Step 3, is to set your Cthere Event options and features. All of these features can also be found on the Cthere Event’s Settings Page.
- Setting the security level determines who will be able to view the media uploaded to the event.
- Public – everyone can view
- Secure – only people who have connected to the event and have been approved by an event admin can view
- Private – only the user who created the event can view
- Selecting the Connect Feature allows others to digitally attach themselves to the event creating a line of communication for future contact or to be notified when the event is updated.
- Selecting the Contribution Feature allows other people to submit media to your Cthere Event. You will be notified by email when a submission has been made and it won’t post to the site until it has been approved by an admin.
- Selecting the Facebook Option enables the event and all of the media it contains to be posted and shared on Facebook.
- After completing the steps contained in the Creation Wizard your new Cthere Event is now created.
- It is RECOMMENDED that you at least add a default image and description to initially describe your new Cthere Event at this time. This can be done at any time by clicking the Submit Media button at the top of the page. For more information see: Submitting Media
- Log in with your Cplanet User ID
- Click the “Submit Media” button to open the Media Menu.
- Choose the type of media you would like to submit. There are four different types of media that can be uploaded to a Cthere Event:
- A single photo with title and description – these are added to the default photo gallery display on the Home Page.
- A photo gallery – up to 25 photos can be upload at once with titles and descriptions for each. Links to galleries are displayed in the Media List.
- A video – either upload direct to the Cthere Event, or embedded from YouTube or another online video source. Links to videos are displayed in the media list
- A custom HTML page – using the text editor similar to Microsoft Word, you can create a page that resembles a typical web page with a mix of rich text, pictures and video. Links to customs pages are displayed in the media list.
- Once you select the media type, follow the steps on the submission page. Click the “Submit” button when you are finished.
- Your media should now be posted to the Cthere Event Page. Depending on your permissions, you may see a “Pending Approval” placeholder, which means an email has been sent to the Event admin. You will be notified by email when your media has been approved.
*If the Contribution Feature is enabled on the Cthere Event, anyone who has permission to view the Cthere Event can submit media. Media submitted by users with Admin and Collaborator permissions (see Event Settings) will post immediate for public viewing, all other submissions will generate an email notification sent to the admin letting them know media has been submitted and it is awaiting approval. Until the media has been reviewed a “Pender Approval” placeholder will be displayed. Upon media approval, an email notification is sent to the user who submitted the media letting them know their submission has been approved. No notification is sent if the media is denied.
Cthere Event Settings:
The Event Settings page is how you adjust the details, features and permission configured for the Cthere Event. To access the Event Settings page you must be logged in with your Cplanet ID have administrator privileges. Once you are logged in as administrator, you will see and “Edit Settings” link in the navigation bar.
The Event Settings page is where you would edit information such as:
- Event Details: title, address, additional web link, etc
- Event Date
- Event Location: map and marker configuration
- Media review and maintenance
- Event Security Settings
- Feature Controls
- Sharing and Invitations
- Connected Community Maintenance
By default, the Greeting Image is the first image in the gallery on the Home Page. To set it to a specific gallery image:
- Verify you are logged in as an administrator
- Select the gallery that contains the image you want to set as the greeting image
- If you haven’t uploaded the image yet, click the submit media button and select “Upload a single image”.
- Click “Edit” link above the gallery
- On the Edit Gallery page, locate the desired image and click the “Set to Greeting Photo” button next to that image.
- Click the “Update Media” button to return to the event page.
Event Page Security Setting:
- Public: The event and its content is visible to all visitors.
- Secure: Visitors have to request to "Connect" in order to view and contribute event media. An administrator has to approve their request before they are able to view the content.
- Private: The event content is only visible by the creator.
Event Feature Settings:
- Connect Features: Create a digital link to the people who were present at this event. This creates a way to re-connect in the future and encourages more media contribution.
- Contribution Features: Allow others who were present at this event to contribute their media in the form of comments, a single photo, photo galleries and video.
- Facebook Connect: Select this option if you would like this event and its media to be able to be posted and shared on Facebook
Connected User Community:
- Adjusting the Permission Level of a connected User:
- Located the specific user in the User List and click on their current Level link. Select their new security level and click “Update Security Level”
- Un-Connecting a connect user
- Locate the specific user and click the Un-Connect button.
- Send Notification to Connected Users:
- To a specific user: click the “Contact” button next to the user, type your message and click “Send”.
- Click the “Contact All” button above the User List, type your message and click the “Send” button. Everyone in the User List will receive the email.
The Group Page displays the information associated to a specific group of Cplanet items stamped with a location and date/time.
The top portion of the page contains the group description and underneath that is the item display list. Clicking on an item with open the item page displaying its information and media.
Editing your group’s settings and description:
- Log in with the Cplanet ID you created the group under
- Click on the “Edit this Group” link, above the group description to open the Group Page Editor
- The Group Page Editor allows you to
- Change the group name
- Set the group to public or private
- Edit the group description (for information on using the editor CLICK HERE)
- Verify all information is correct and click the “Save” button.
Adding items to your group:
- Log in with the Cplanet ID you created the group under
- Click the “ADD” link located below the group description and above the item list to open the Creation Wizard (Creation Wizard Help).
- After completing the steps contained in the Creation Wizard your new group item is now created.
- At this time, you will be asked to start adding media to the item Event Page, but this can be done at any time by clicking the Submit Media button at the top of the page. (Event Page Help)
- Upon returning to the Group Page you will find your new item in the display list.